Seven innovative South Australian businesses have been selected to showcase their inventive products and services at TEDxAdelaide 2017 at the Adelaide Town Hall on November 2. The emerging enterprises were chosen by a panel to exhibit in ‘The Business Hive’ – a new breakout activation developed by BankSA to demonstrate some of the best new ideas being put into practice by South Australian businesses and entrepreneurs.
The seven enterprises that have been selected to exhibit in The Business Hive are:
- Neumann Space – developing technology to make space travel more accessible, including partnering with the South Australian Government to create the first schools’ space mission.
- Headspace and Bass – a choreographed yoga class set to specially selected drum and bass music for optimum musical enjoyment and yoga flow.
- Package me Free – provides education, workshops and products to help people understand the impacts of plastic and to transition away from using it in their lives.
- Ignite Art Therapies – workshops for individuals and corporate groups to help connect with others, set goals and plan for a better future through art.
- Aerometrex – aerial mapping and survey company developing cutting-edge 3D models of urban and natural environments in high resolution.
- The Impact Awards – connects world-class mid-sized companies with proven business leaders to help those companies globalise further.
- Liquid Systems – designs and manufactures in-furrow liquid injection modules and distribution components for farmers across the globe.
“In the TEDx spirit of Ideas Worth Spreading, we’ve chosen seven fantastic local enterprises to exhibit in The Business Hive, all of which have embraced modern technology or seized on an idea to develop something new,” said Robin Freeth, TEDxAdelaide Licencee.
General Manager of BankSA’s Business Bank, David Firth, said “BankSA is excited to develop The Business Hive, which will be an outstanding showcase of some of the best new and emerging businesses in South Australia that will complement the terrific line-up of TEDxAdelaide speakers.”