We are excited to announce that tickets for TEDx Adelaide 2015 go on sale next week, and as we finalise the details we thought it would be great to reflect on the legacy that the TEDx community has created over the past five years.
Our theme, as always, focuses on hearing the ideas of South Australians, discovering local innovations, and helping to amplify our voices to the world. Most of all, the continuing development of our TEDx events demonstrates our commitment to engaging you as part of a local and a global community through ideas worth sharing.
Behind the scenes, our volunteer team is working hard to select speakers, organise catering, setting up the stage all to provide an incredible and memorable experience.
Planning for this year’s event started in December last year, when licensee Kristin Alford initially met with Robin Freeth. Kristin was looking for someone to mentor for the license in the future, a person willing to build on the success of past events while bringing a different approach and vision. This will be Kristin’s last year as licensee, but the transition to Robin and continuing involvement of volunteers allows for the ongoing sustainability of our TEDx community here in Adelaide.
This will be the eleventh time a TEDx event has taken place in South Australia. Some of our volunteers, like Production Manager Alison Kershaw, have been involved in almost all of our events, while others are brand new. We are excited by the diversity of previous events, speaker alumni, licensees, organisers and event experience that we now have in the state.
We’ve also added another dimension to our organising team. Early conversations resulted in an opportunity to partner with the University of South Australia with over 30 participants of the student leadership programs who have been actively working on elements of our recent TEDxAdelaideSalon and the next TEDxAdelaide on 21st November.
Amazing things arise out of the connections made at TEDx events. We look forward to sharing some of these with you over the new few weeks, and of course we look forward to you being a part of this very soon.
Kristin and Robin look forward to seeing you at TEDxAdelaide2015 on the 21st November in the Adelaide Town Hall! Pre register for early access to tickets.
List of TEDx Events in South Australia:
- 2010, November: TEDxAdelaide – Liscencee: Stephen Collins | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2011, November: TEDxAdelaide – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2011, November: TEDxAdelaideYouth – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2011, November: TEDxRenmarkYouth – Liscencee: Alysha Herrmann | Director: Alysha Herrmann
- 2012, October: TEDxAdelaide City2.0 – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2012, December: TEDxAdelaideWomen – Liscencee: Petra Dzurovcinova | Director: Petra Dzurovcinova
- 2013, April: TEDxAdelaideChange – Liscencee: Petra Dzurovcinova | Director: Petra Dzurovcinova
- 2013, May: TEDxAdelaide – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2013, September: TEDxAdelaide City2.0 – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Kristin Alford
- 2015, February: TEDxFlindersUni – Liscencee: Rachel Sparks | Director: Rachel Sparks
- 2015, October: TEDxAdelaideSalon – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Lara Torr
- 2015, November: TEDxAdelaide – Liscencee: Kristin Alford | Director: Robin Freeth
- 2016, October: TEDxAdelaide – Liscencee: Robin Freeth (to apply) | Director: Robin Freeth